· A Community Advisory Council (CAC) is established to review the programming and significant policy decisions of a Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) funded public broadcasting station, and to advise the station on how it serves the educational and cultural needs of its coverage area.
· A CAC does not exercise any control over the daily management or operation of the station.
· CAC requirements are part of an overall set of statutory obligations for stations that receive funds from CPB.
Sounding Board Mission
· To provide meaningful feedback about Chicago Public Media programming and policies, and to represent the diverse needs and interests of the communities it serves.
Sounding Board Membership
· The Sounding Board may have up to twenty members. Members are selected for one two-year term and are eligible to serve a second term. Applications are made online when membership opportunities become available. Sounding Board members are chosen by a joint committee comprised of three CPM representatives, and two Sounding Board members.
Sounding Board Member Responsibilities:
· Must be a member of WBEZ or Vocalo;
· Have knowledge of CPM programming;
· Offer insightful perspectives from the communities they identify with;
· Speak to the impact public media has on their communities;
· Read or listen to material for discussions at meetings;
· Attend and participate in four meetings a year and in discussions via online forums year-round
2018 Sounding Board Meetings Calendar
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Chicago Public Media
Lifton-Rosofsky Family Community Room
(unless otherwise indicated)
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
Thursday, November 8, 2018
All Sounding Board meetings are open to the public.
2018 Sounding Board Members
Lucy Flores, Co-Chair
Dave Stanford, Co-Chair